The following is a sampling of clients I have worked with:
Adobe Creative Suite, including Flash, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, and Illustrator; 3D Studio Max; Unity; Unreal Engine; Fogbugz, Mantis, Box, Basecamp; and Microsoft Suite
Full-Time Employment Experience
Chewy Software, LLC, Chicago, IL
5/2000 – Present
During my tenure at Chewy, I have worked on over 60 games across multiple platforms—including Xbox 360, PS3, PC-downloadable games, iOS, Android, and proprietary software—and featuring various properties including Disney, Nickelodeon, and Wilson. Originally hired as an artists and animator, I have focused on developing teams and liaising directly with clients to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of all games for the last 10 years.
10/2006 – Present
- Manage teams of 5-15 artists.
- Hire, orient, and mentor new art staff.
- Identify and manage external contractors.
- Ensure adherence to project timelines, scope, and art direction.
- Liaise with clients from proposal development through title launch.
- Develop game concepts and write responses to RFPs.
- Estimate resources based on scope for budget development.
- Collaborate with clients to establish art direction.
- Develop art and game design documentation for client approval, as well as asset lists, schedules, SFX lists, style guides and sample art.
3/2005 – 10/2006
- Worked with cross-functional internal teams to create game design.
- Met with clients to discuss feedback and implement.
- Managed team of 8 animators and artists to ensure successful execution of all games.
- Oversaw development of all art and animation.
- Ensured schedule adherence.
- Mentored new employees.
- Researched and implemented new tools/software.
8/2002 – 3/2005
- Created 2D and 3D art and animation.
- Rigged, skinned and animated characters.
- Created blend trees, particle effects, and animated user interface.
- Developed facial and lip synch animation.
- Painted 2D game elements.
Cognitive Concepts, Inc., Evanston, IL
5/2000 – 11/2001
- Designed and developed original, educational games for the Internet.
- Modeled and animated characters.
Owner/Animator Jaardvark Studios
2/2012 – 10/2013
- Developed game concepts and designs.
- Created art and sound asset lists.
- Built and animated 2D characters and effects.
- Tested game.
- Created go-to-market strategy and communication plan.
Contract Art Director MeTV
12/2009 – 8/2013
- Developed UI and UX for a video-capture and social-networking device.
- Interfaced with clients, such as Intel Corporation, McDonald’s and HBO, to establish art direction.
- Designed and delivered animated screens to client specifications.
- Created supplementary promotional materials.